Tuesday, February 27, 2024

My first look at 2024

 I preordered two blasters of 2024 Topps Baseball.  One to rip and one to put away for Christmas 2024.  I have three blasters of different product to put under the tree come December.

I got a bunch of cards for my City Connect collection.  First cards I have seen with the Red Sox, Mariners and Reds City Connect uniforms.  I need to sort through my city connect cards and see what teams I don't have yet.

 A couple more City Connect cards and Bobby Witt doing Superman into the base.  Of course it wouldn't be a box for me if I didn't get a Bobby Witt, Jr. card.
Nick Fortes presents Easter Bunnies.  I have no clue what is behind Corbin Carroll.

Kerry can pick a game for Nolan Arenado to go yard.  I still haven't figured out what is in the background of Gonsolin and Schanuel.
Some more inserts.  The blue print card reminds me of a Nike Tony Gwynn Hitting Machine poster from the 80's or 90's.

The lone Padre card in the box is no longer a Padre.  The Betts card is a chrome card.  

Overall I like the design of the 2024 cards.  I like the parallels that seem to have metallic ink on them.






6 comments:

Matt said...

The fact Fortes is incredibly happy and his arm outstretched makes the bunnies that much more amazing..

Jeremya1um said...

Is that Fortes up for grabs? I collect him.

The Angels In Order said...

Some pretty nice pulls. Man that would be really hard for me to put away a box until Christmas. I'm too weak.

OhioTim said...

I have to say that I am quite impressed with the 2024 Topps cards. The cards definitely make a statement. However, I agree with you on not knowing what the background is on those three cards. I have been trying to figure it out myself since I pulled some of them.

Fuji said...

Oh man... totally forgot about that Nike poster of Gwynn. Haven't seen one of those in decades. It would be cool if Nike reproduced these for collectors. I bet they'd be very popular.

Jafronius said...

Thanks for showing off the cards! I haven't seen those bunnies before. I think the other parallels are supposed to be tulips or some other flower.