Sunday, April 25, 2021

Don't call it a comeback to quote Fuji and the Music Challenge A-Z


 So after I posted these yesterday here, I also posted them in a couple of TTM groups I belong to on facebook.  Someone there got my Padres custom and I got his 1993 Flair.  So we are swapping to get our cards back.  

I also decided to participate in the A-Z Music challenge.

A- Andrae Crouch and the Disciples, my favorite song is My Tribute

B-This was the most difficult letter for me.  I chose the Beach Boys but could have gone with Billy Preston, the Blues Brothers or Blue Oyster Cult.  The Beach Boys have more songs I like.

C-Chicago, one of the first albums I bought was their 4 disc Live at Carnegie Hall

D-Daniel Amos, one of the bands I have seen the most.  From country to new wave.  Shotgun Angel to the Alarma Chronicles

E-Edgar Winter, I love listening to Frankenstein with headphones on

F-for King and Country

G-George Strait, saw him in concert once and love almost anything he sings

H-Huey Lewis and the News, love everything they do and saw them in concert once

I- The Imperials, love their harmonies.  You will notice that there are several trios and quartets on my list, I love the sound of several voices melding together

J-Johnny Cash and Jimmy Buffett, I couldn't choose between them

K-Keith Green, some songs that really minister to me

L-Larry Norman, songs that showed me that rock and roll can be used to express Christian themes.  Many songs that make me think about things.  Six O'Clock News in particular.  Saw Larry in Concert many times.  Lynryd Skynryd I love the fifteen minute version of Freebird.  I saw them in concert in 1977.  You can see that concert in the movie Freebird

M-Mercy Me, I Can Only Imagine will always remind of my late mother in law

N-Newsboys, love My Fathers House in Particular

O-The Oak Ridge Boys, Elvira among many other favorites

P-Phillips, Craig and Dean, a trio of amazing voices with some amazing songs, Mercy Came Running, Concert of the Age and Favorite Song of All

Q-Queen, love News of the World

R-Reba McEntire, love her voice and her wide variety of songs.



S-Steven Curtis Chapman, love The Great Adventure, Burn the Ships and Be Still and Know

T- Tim Flannery, the dude is awesome, singer, songwriter and humanitarian.  My favorite song is a hymn he wrote called Foot of the Cross

U-U2, my younger brother introduced me to them when they were first hitting the U.S.  Joshua Tree is still a favorite album

V-Van Halen, I and a friend used to listen to their first albums in the church parking lot while we played frisbee in the late 70's

W-War, Wings.  I couldn't decide and I don't have an X

X- nothing y'all

Y-Yes, I saw them in concert at Oakland, they were the headliners after Donovan played.  Just him and his guitar then Yes with their arsenal of instruments.  

Z-ZZ Top, Eliminator is one of my favorites, but I also like their early blues.

8 comments:

Angus said...

Have you seen the Oak Ridge Boys doing Elvira with the a capella group Home Free? They sure look they are having fun in the video.

Fuji said...

I'm so grateful that Chris started this BBA... because it's given me a chance to see some artists and groups that I haven't thought about in years. The one that stood out the most to me was Steven Curtis Chapman. My college girlfriend introduced me to his music and I'm pretty sure I still have his album The Great Adventure. Haven't listened to it in decades... but I can still sing at least a couple of lines from that title song and probably a few others.

Trevor P said...

Love your love of country. Have you seen the movie "I Can Only Imagine"? It's a good watch, especially if you like Mercy Me.

Jon said...

Not gonna lie, I haven't even heard of about half the people on your list. I did write a few down to check out later though, so...

Jongudmund said...

Cool that you've been able to reclaim your card!

Matt said...

My wife would die for that Reba auto!!!!

Elena Antonio said...

I want to say thanks to Ancient Dr Zuma Spell Temple for everything so far. To everyone who doesn’t believe in spell, I was one of those ones at first. I wasn’t quite sure if I wanted to do this since I’ve tried others so-called spells casters and they did not work and was a waste of my time and money. However, when I read through the testimonials of other people about his good work i decided to contacted him and after I talked Dr Zuma who answered all my questions and was very nice about everything, I decided to give it a try. I figured it would be my last try to get my guy back. So my story is that I was at my office when the guy I am in love with told me that he wasn’t in love with me and never will be and that he didn’t want to speak or see me again, especially since he was talking to this other girl. When I talked to Dr Zuma, he let me know which spells would be most appropriate for me and I chose the ones that was to get him back to me and stay with me and want to marry me. As soon as he started on the spells, my guy came back into my life! It was a miracle to me and I’m so thankful for that. Things have been going well, and pretty much according to what Dr Zuma said would happen. He’s always there when you need him and that’s also after the spell is done. I’m still waiting for the spells to completely manifest, but with all that has happened so far I’m very happy because i was already given up on myself before contacting Dr Zuma, if you asked me or my friends if I would have anticipated how things were right now…no one would believe it! Lara. To contact him spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com WhatsApp him +15068001647

Bulldog said...

Good job and great Reba auto!