Thursday, March 4, 2021

who will cast the deciding vote?

 For the first time in my memory we have a tie.  Each card got eight votes.  Will someone who has not previously voted on these two cards cast a vote.  Thank you.


I have also picked up a couple of more Padrographs and another astronaut card.  
Robert Hassell was the Padres number one draft pick last year.  He is Padrograph #1236, the card is from the 2020 Bowman Draft.
Jorge Mateo has been playing in pro ball since 2012 when the Yankees signed him as an amateur free agent.  They traded him to the A's who traded him to the Padres last year.  He made his major league debut last year with San Diego and played in twenty-two games in the time of Covid.  He is Padrograph #1235 and the card is from the 2021 flagship cards.



This is the latest acquisition in my quest to complete the 1963 Topps astronaut set.  John Glenn is all over this set although he is one of the last astronauts I knew of when I was a kid.  I followed Gus Grissom and Alan Shephard back then.  I turned six in 1963 and now I am sixty three, some odd kind of symmetry here.

Thank you for stopping by and thank you for your assistance.

2 comments:

Trevor P said...

I'll break the tie in favor of Whitson.

Jon said...

I would've voted for the squatter too!