Monday, November 25, 2019

Padrographs #27, #28, #1124 and #1185

Two customs and two Topps cards this week.  
#1124, Dwain Anderson played in fifty three games for the Padres in 1973, splitting the season between the Cardinals and San Diego.  I found this card front online, made a back and sent it with a $10 donation to Mr. Anderson and got it back in fifty eight days.  
#27, Matt Antonelli played in twenty one games for the Padres in 2008.  I had followed his progress through the Padres system for a couple of years.  I think I got him to sign this when he played in Portland.  
#28, Jose Arcia played in two hundred thirty four games for the Padres in 1969 & 1970.  I think I got this signed through the mail.
#1185, Matt Howard* played for the Yankees in 1996.  He was a replacement player for the Padres during the strike.  I can't find any stats for his time with the Padres.  The front was done by Jeremy of Topps cards that never were.  He is the third replacement player I have gotten a signature of.  

*Matt added John 3:3 to his signature in the New International Version it reads, "Jesus replied, very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."

No comments: