Uni-Watch is a great site that I have been reading for the last ten years or so. If you want to read about any uniform minutiae this is the place to go. On Friday they ran a column by a trading card photo editor. It was really interesting. I have linked to it.
Thanks for providing a link. That was a great article. Never know about the Washington Bullets crab hands and didn't realize so much thought was put into selecting a photo.
snack attack
-
i am no longer a steve garvey completist, not that i ever had any inkling
of collecting every garvey item. there was a point, however, where i went
after a...
Looking forward to a first
-
Since the beginning of this "Firsts" series six-plus years ago, it's been
about looking back on various firsts in my life. I've meant it to be a
handy r...
Another TTM Success From Nate Schierholtz
-
While going through my boxes, I pulled a couple 2010 cards to send out to
Nate Schierholtz. I had gotten him back in 2019, so it has been long enough
to s...
A Few Goodbyes and a Pair of Set Completions
-
I'm an A's and Padres fan. You know that. And there are times when the San
Francisco Giants are my least favorite franchise in baseball. This isn't
one ...
More Stunners from the 1930s
-
A few months ago, I shared some cards from the early 1930s that were more
like little pieces of art. They were originally issued by a German
margarine comp...
Good Luck Ducks, Week 4: California Bound
-
*The Ducks open conference play in LA.*
After being left for dead just two weeks into the season (ha!), Oregon took
out their frustrations on a Portland ...
A Passing Resemblance
-
Barney McCoskey looks a lot like Ray Kroc on the front of his 1952 Topps
baseball card. Reading the stats on the back, I can't help but think he
bears a cl...
Vintage Frankenset Page 7
-
Back in the desolate days of 2020, I got the idea for a frankenset to give
purpose to many of the random old cards that didn't really have a solid
"home" i...
252 - WALLY JOYNER, ROYALS, 1B
-
*The basics:* Wally Joyner appears for the second time in the 1993 Upper
Deck set. He was part of the Teammates subset back on card No. 54 with
George B...
SAGE WORKING WITH DAD ON THE BLOG
-
Well the secret is out I guess this is my collecting
partner in crime & my blog writer. For those who read my blog you are
famil...
Hall of Fame and Hall of ... Mirrors?
-
OK, I didn't have a good way to tie these cards together with a nice
title, but I tried. But I am giving them away!!First up is a strange card
of recent ...
I am a Navy brat who went to 10 schools in 12 years in 4 different states. I have lived in 7 different states. I read two or 3 books a week. I manage a used bookstore for the county library system.
1 comment:
Thanks for providing a link. That was a great article. Never know about the Washington Bullets crab hands and didn't realize so much thought was put into selecting a photo.
Post a Comment