Friday, August 9, 2019

Frankenset Update

#55 Bennie Blades, had a 10 year NFL career finishing with 1997 with the Seahawks
#93 Todd Krygier, a nine year NHL veteran
#103 Pluto, is an 89 year old dog who made his film debut in 1930
#104 Donald Duck, the most published comic book character (outside of the superhero genre) made his film debut in 1934.
#111 Mickey Mouse, made his film debut.  The Disney cards are ones my sons and I sent out to Disneyland in the early 90's.  I was impressed that each signature looked different.
#116 Scott Garrelts, 1987 Donruss.  This is one of 12 cards that SanJoseFuji gave me when he visited me at work on July 29.
#124 Goofy, another card from my sons' youth.
#128 Emerson Boozer, I had previously read the card number wrong but the Booze is in the correct place now.
#133 Terry Kirby, another card from Fuji
#139 Jose Theodore, Fuji
#186 Adam Deadmarsh, Fuji brought this card also, but I had heard of Adam because he played 4 seasons for the Portland Winterhawks.
#227 Ray Burris, of the former Montreal Franchise.  I have always liked the 1982 Topps design.
#313 Mark Davis, former San Diego Padre and Cy Young Award Winner.
#375 Bruce Benedict, thanks to Fuji for another card.
#404 Mike Hampton with a cameo by former Padre and Hall of Famer Mike Piazza
#437 Andy Benes, draft pick card from before they were as common as a cold.
#450 Mike Aldrete, I wish I could find a picture of him in a Padres uni, he is someone I want for my roster mosaic.
#565 Benny Agbayani, the last card for this week and another gift from Fuji.

The Frankenset page has been updated.  

1 comment:

Fuji said...

I hope Topps eventually adds Mark Davis to their Fan Favorites autograph checklist. I need a certified autograph of his (in a Padres uniform) for my left-handed Cy Young Award winners PC.