Thursday, March 28, 2019

Padrographs #1134 and #1135

My wife and I went to Seattle on Monday to watch the Padres and Mariners play a couple of games.  All the lower bowl seats were just ten bucks so we sat down low and I did some 'graphing.  Monday I managed to get Rod Barajas signature, he has managed in the Padres minor league system for years.  This year  he replaces Mark McGwire as the bench coach.  He was a nice guy and talked to us for a few minutes.  Greg Garcia is the #bestutilityman and took a few minutes to sign for us.  He will be the back up infielder for Tatis, Machado and Kinsler.  I took fourteen customs to get signed and these were the ones I got signed.  Most of them were coaches and players who didn't come over where we were.  I already have Fernando Tatis, Jr.  so I didn't even try.  I refused to join the scrum to get Manny Machado's autograph.  Ian Kinsler refused to even acknowledge the people seeking autographs, looking anywhere but where we were politely asking him to sign.  I will be sending some cards out this week and try through the mail.  If there is anyone who has insight into Padres signing habits, let me know.  There are only seven players on the opening day roster that I don't have.  Those marks aren't on the cards but a result of using a new scanner.  

1 comment:

Fuji said...

Sorry to hear about Kinsler. Hope he signs for you in the future.