Monday, April 7, 2014

Recent Additions



One of my all time favorite books is Man without a Country by Edward Everett Hale.  I recently picked up this signature of his.  It is a greeting to someone wishing them a Happy New Year from January 1900.


I recently picked up the last five cards I needed to complete my Topps Heritage Padres team sets. I am really looking forward to the 2018 Topps Heritage set, that will be the 1969 set, which is the first year the Padres appeared.  Many of the Padres were high numbered short prints.  In 2001, the 1952 cards only one Padre was not a high numbered short print.  It took me a while to find all of the SPs'.     
 This card is a collaboration between myself and Cards from The Quarry.  Hiflew made the front for his annual collection of a card of every player who played that year.  I made the back before I need that Chris had a card in this years Heritage.  I need to find an address for Chris Robinson so I can send him this card and the Topps Heritage card.  

Matt Stites was drafted by the Padres in 2011 and played in their system until 2013.  He is currently playing in the Diamondbacks system.  I just got this 2013 Bowman Chrome card off of eBay.  Yesterday I put three cards in the United States Mail, I sent cards to Chip Ambres, Dave Stewart and Tony Clark.  

No comments: