Friday, June 18, 2010

The Tooz

With the Fred Lynn card yesterday I finished the first notebook of my Padres autographs.  So I thought that I would show you some other things that are in my collection.  One of my all time favorite football players was the Tooz, John Matuszak of the Oakland Raiders.  I realize that he played for the Oilers and Chiefs but he will always be a Raider to me.  I first remember him in the old College All Star game, way back in the day, 1934-1976.  The NFL champions played against a team of All Star seniors.  I remember watching it growing up.  I followed Tooz's career and the only football jersey I ever owned was a black and silver number 72.  25 years ago John was part of the cast of one of the greatest movies of all time.  John played Sloth Fratelli in Goonies.  He also starred in alot of movies and appeared on numerous TV shows.  Tooz passed away in 1989 at age 38, from drug usage and pneumonia. 

No comments: