Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mickey and Tim

MMichael Stephen Lolich is one of the few major league legends that I have met.  Mickey is known primarily as a Tiger, but I  followed him because he was from Oregon.  He played two years for the Padres at the end of his career.  I got this card signed in person at work somewhere between 1990 and 1995.  In that five year period I worked at Baseball Cards and More in Portland.  Every year Mickeys' parents would come in and buy a dozen baseballs.  Mickey would always come home for his parents anniversary and would sign a dozen baseballs for them to give out.  We asked them once if they would bring their boy to the shop and they did.  He signed balls and cards for us.  I tried getting something signed through the mail later on and got a handwritten letter from Mickeys wife saying he was too busy.  He was very nice when he was in the shop, I believe that he moved back to Portland to take care of his parents.  William Timothy Lollar played for the Padres for 4 years after playing a year for the Yankees and then finished out with the White Sox and Red Sox.  I got the card signed through the mail.

No comments: