Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Padrograph #1225, Another Vintage set and a new battle

Justin Lange was the thirty-fourth overall pick in the 2020 draft.  A nineteen year old out of Llano, Texas.  This card came from the 2020 Bowman Draft Pick set, picked it up on ebay.
I have decided to build another vintage set.  This is the 1963 Topps Astronaut set.  I was six the year this set came out and am still fascinated by the Mercury Seven.  I have been watching The Right Stuff series on Disney+.  I didn't even know that this set existed until Fuji wrote about it awhile back.  So far I have four of the fifty-five card set.  I don't really care about condition, I will take fair or good cards.  I have added the set to my wantlist page.  
Kevin Brown won the battle for spot number eighty-two.  Up next is a triple threat match for spot number eighty-five.  A rookie in the pandemic season, a Hall of Fame Closer and a Infielder card that GCRL must already own.  

Those of you who wanted to trade from the last post I will be reaching out to each of you soon.  

Thank you for stopping by and thank you for your assistance.
 



 

11 comments:

Jeremya1um said...

Voting for Stillwell. I’ve loved that card picture ever since it came out in ‘93.

gcrl said...

Ha. Stillwell is one of the kings of double play cards, and that 1993 card is a nice one. I'll vote for morejon, however.

night owl said...

That's a set I've never seen.

Going with Stillwell although I do like the Morejon card.

The Diamond King said...

Stillwell for me!

Fuji said...

I love 2020 Stadium Club... but I'm voting for Stillwell. That photograph is better suited for 2020 Stadium Club than the Morejon.

Eric C. Loy said...

On the astronaut set, I thing Popsicle released some of them as well so keep an eye out.

bbcardz said...

Going with Stillwell as well. 1993 Topps is one of my favorite sets.

Brett Alan said...

Nice cards all, but I'll vote Stillwell for the Mets cameo. Bill Pecota!

OhioTim said...

I am going against everyone it looks like but Trevor Hoffman gets my vote. I like how the X on the card brings out the colors in his uniform.

P-town Tom said...

Very cool astronaut set. Good luck on the search!
I'll go Stillwell this time around. I'm a sucker for a good double dip card.

Jimmy said...

Stillwell easy. Just a super nice guy in my numerous interactions with him.