Thursday, February 21, 2019

Christmas Pack #44


This  pack only featured one band that I hadn't heard of.  Patti LaBelle was big when I was in high school.  Run-D.M.C. broke ground in many ways, but in collaboration with Aerosmith on Walk This Way.  Janet Jackson an awesome string of hits in the 80's and 90's.  Sanctuary is the one band I haven't heard of.  The Clash's London Calling album is one of my favorites.  Led Zeppelin of the overplayed rock anthem.  What happened to Inxs after the death of Michael Hutchence. Hall and Oates were blue eyed soul and had a string of hits.  One of their songs is currently the theme song for a TV show.  Jefferson Airplane was also known as Jefferson Starship and Starship as they refashioned themselves throughout the years and We Built this city on Rock N Roll.  Yngwie Malmsteen is a guitar god.  

What is your favorite overplayed classic rock song?  

4 comments:

night owl said...

Probably Boston's "More Than a Feeling" is my favorite overplayed classic rock song. It's one of the few on the overplayed list that I can still get into.

I need that Patti LaBelle card!

defgav said...

I saw INXS live in 2006 with their then-new singer. It was a decent show (my friend got us free tix). Don't think they lasted very long with him, though.

I was cranking up some Hall and Oates hits just today. Wasn't aware of the TV theme.

I seem to love most classic overplayed songs. Does "Bohemian Rhapsody" count? "November Rain maybe"?

A lot of people hate "We Built This City" but I love it. Even recorded a cover myself a few years back.

Fuji said...

I'm a big fan of overplayed classic rock! Love Night Owl's selection... along with the following:

Van Halen - Runnin' With The Devil
Kansas - Carry On My Wayward Son
Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear The Reaper
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
AC/DC - Back in Black
Led Zeppelin - Kashmir

Bulldog said...

"It's Janet, Miss Jackson if you're nasty". :) Yngvie's "Heaven Tonight" is still one of my favorite songs from that era. Great cards.

Sweet Home Alabama. Love that song but phew it gets played into the ground.