Saturday, April 21, 2018

Joys of a completed vintage set


 In January of this year I decided that I was going to complete a vintage set this year.  I decided that since I was raised in a Navy family and am a Navy veteran I decided on the 1954 Bowman U.S. Navy Victories set.  It is a 48 card set that goes back to the earliest days of the Navy up to the Korean Conflict.  I would buy a couple of cards each payday (of course now I have duplicates of three cards) to complete.  The fronts have painted scenes of Naval History on them and the back have a description of the scene.  The back also has a picture of a Naval Insignia and the question of what the insignia represents.  Between January and now I have been able to complete the set. This John Paul Jones card is the final card in the set. 

Now I am deciding what 1950's non-sport set to work on next.  I am choosing between the following sets:

1950 Topps Freedom's War
1951 Bowman Red Menace
1952 Bowman U.S. Presidents
1953 Topps Who-Z-At Star
                                                                                    1955 Topps Rails & Sails
                                                                                    1956 Topps Flags of the World
                                                                                    1957 Topps Hit Stars
                                                                                    1958 Topps Zorro
                                                                                    1959 Nu  Card Rock and Roll


No comments: