Wednesday, June 21, 2017

an upgrade and two new Padrographs

I had a photo of Josh Spence that was card sizedbut I made a card of him and got it signed at a Salem-Keizer Volcanoes game.  They were playing the TriCity Dust Devils, the Padres short season rookie team. Josh is the pitching coach for TriCity.  He was quite friendly, told me to let him know if the bullpen misbehaved.  He signed the card and I gave him a copy of it.  Josh pitched in 51 games for the Padres in 2011 and 2012.  Josh is Padrograph #989.  

At that same game I got Oscar Salazar, the hitting coach to sign the card I made for him.  He was pleased that I had a card of him and even more pleased when I gave him a copy.  Oscar played in 140 games for the Padres in 2009 and 2010.  Oscar is Padrograph #1033.

I went to the game mainly to get this 2017 Bowman card signed.  Adrian wasn't in the bullpen with the rest of the pitchers.  I thought I had missed him after the game, but someone else had stopped him to get a bunch of 8X10 photos signed (wonder when they will show up on ebay) so I was able to get my one card signed.  Adrian is an 18 year old from Cuba that the Padres signed.  I gave him some extra cards that I had of him.  I had to use my rudimentary Spanish to let him know that the cards were for him, I didn't need them signed.  I only needed one signed.  Adrian is Padrograph #1034.



No comments: