Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Ed Sprague

The only thing I remember about Ed Sprague off the top of my head is that he is married to an Olympic gymnast, Julianne McNamara I think.  Time to go to Wikipedia and Baseball Reference.  Be back in a couple of minutes.

Okay I'm back and wondering whom I have Ed mixed up with.  He is married to Kristen Babb, who was an Olympic Gold Medalist in synchronized swimming.  His Dad, Ed Sprague, pitched in the majors from 1968-1976.  Junior won two College World Series at Stanford, and a Gold Medal in baseball in the 1988 Olympics.  He played for the Padres in 2000, he played 53 games for San Diego was traded to the Red Sox, played 33 games for Boston, was released.  He resigned with the Pads and finished the season with San Diego.  He also played for the Jays, A's, Mariners, and Pirates.  He admitted using PEDs and admitted hitting one run with a corked bat.  He led the league a couple of years in HBP.  He is currently the head coach at the University of the Pacific in Stockton, California.  I don't recall how I obtained this signature. 
P.S.  Julianne McNamara is married to Todd Zeile. 

No comments: