Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mail Call



I remember back when I was in the Navy (1975-1979) that we would go weeks with out any contact from home. The longest we went was 28 days and it was such fun to get anything. Now it is getting packages from other bloggers and thru the mail autographs that show up. It is still a great deal of fun to get stuff in the mail even at 51.
First I got two cards of Dwight David Eisenhower from Sooz at A Cardboard Problem to complete a trade. I sent her a card of Derek Jeter from Spectrum numbered 23/25. One of the cards I says it has Eisenhower but I can't find him in the crowd, it's worse than trying to find Waldo.
The other card I got back was a TTM autograph of Padres prospect Anthony Bass. It took just over a week to go to Arizona and come back. Hopefully I will get some of the other five I mailed out at the same time back next week.

1 comment:

zman40 said...

I know what you mean about getting mail while in the service. That was the haighlight for me while I was in basic and deployed to Iraq. It is just as special getting great stuff today, as well. But, I don't think I ever went 28 days without mail (except while in garrison).

I was in the Army and my word verification is defac. D-Fac= dining facility. What are the odds?