Wednesday, October 10, 2012

State of the blog

I haven't posted in awhile.  No excuses.   A general malaise about collecting, that I have experienced several times since I starting collecting again in 1985.  Every so often I have to stop and reconsider what I am doing.  I think that part of my problem was that I was basically writing the same post over and over.  So to keep that from happening I am going to expand a little bit.  I am going to continue with my Padrographs, starting with Larry Stahl when I come back.  I am also looking at doing a couple of different where are they now features, with Padres minor leaguers and those whose autos I have already featured.  I am still looking for a couple of other themes.  I am not going to try and post every day.  I just don't have time for that.  Since the end of August I have been working pretty much 7 days a week.  Monday through Friday I manage a used bookstore here in Portland, Saturdays I have worked from 7-4 selling apples for a local orchard at the Parkrose Farmers Market, and Sundays I help set up and tear down two booths at the Montavilla Farmers Market.  Lately we have been taking care of our 1 year old Granddaughter while her parents are working out of state for a month.  This weekend will be tiring but fun.  This weekend is Wordstock, an annual book festival here in Portland, founded by former Phillies pitcher and author Larry Colton.  The bookstore will have a booth and we will get to interact with several hundred authors.  I will post about it over at my other blog, Readerman.us, where I review everything I read.  I read a few books, so far I have read 110 books this year. I love reading.  I have gotten bored with Topps cards because they are lazy and mark the same card over and over, adding chrome, or putting a slightly different graphic on it.  I think they are 5 different versions of the flagship cards, and that is not counting the 913 different parallels of each card.  I hope that the MLB/MLBPA will tell Topps to acutally make 17 different sets or give them some competition.  My needs in the Padrograph quest is getting smaller and more current.  I have decided to concentrate on just the Topps flagship team sets and the Topps Heritage team sets.  I have lots of extra Padres cards if any one wants some just let me know.  I will see you in November.

2 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

Hi Rod... I hope ot see you around here off and on. I know I was absent for a bit, but I do have those cards to send you.

night owl said...

I'll be here when you get back. Have fun reading!