Saturday, February 14, 2009

Brian James Buchanan

I sure do like Mothers Cookies, especially the frosted animals, and I must confess I really like the pink ones better than the white ones. Weirdness is afoot. By the way their card sets were pretty cool also, I wish teams still did them. This card is from one of the Keebler sets, who replaced Mothers around the turn of the century. I sent it to Brian when he was with the Padres and got it back pretty quickly.

Brian Buchanan was drafted in the first round, 24th pick overall of the 1994 draft by the New York Yankees. In February of 1998 he was traded to the Twins with Christian Guzman, Eric Milton, Danny Mota and cash for Chuck Knoblauch. He made his major league debut with the Twins against the A's on May 19, 2000. He was traded in July of 2002 to the Padres for Jason Bartlett, playing part of 02, all of '03 and part of '04 for the Padres. He played in 203 games coming to bat 353 times with 91 hits and 16 home runs before being released in 2004. In 2004 he played with the Mets, he signed in 2005 as a free agent with the Rockies and Twins. He signed in 2006 as a free agent with the Reds. In 2007 he played mainly as a DH in Japan with the Fukuoka Softbank Hawks hitting .285, with 11 Homers and 48 RBI's. Last year he played in the minor leagues for the Royals and in January of this year he resigned with the Royals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice card. I always liked the Mothers Cookies sets.

zman40 said...

I like that card, too. You sent me one signed by Brian Boehringer (different year, similar design) and I love it. It is a card from a set I have never seen and it's signed.