Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cabin Fever in a Winter Wonderland

The mail made it through the snow today. Out our front door is our driveway which is usually about six inches below the berm, now you can't tell where one ends and the other begins. When we moved in the only place for me to have my own space was in a shed in the back yard. My sons insulated it and put it plywood on the walls and ceiling. I ran power out to it and have a space heater, lights and tunes out there. That is where all my cards and stuff are, I have stuff almost ready to go to some of you, but it might not get out for a few days, we won't be getting out to the post office for a few days. The mail person brought me 50 Edgar Gonzalez Bowman DPP rookie cards and a box of 1986 Topps. Once I get out to the clubhouse I will start putting it together in a binder and seeing what I need and can trade with some of you. I decided to start with this set and eventually work on the 82-88 Topps sets. For me I will work on one at a time, I managed to get this box pretty cheap off of ebay.

I have been looking for Upper Deck Documentary Padres team sets on ebay. I found three of them at $24.99, $79.99 and $129.99. I think I will be trying to get them all through lots and trading, although I haven't seen any packs anywhere around here. The two shops I normally frequent are not carrying it at all and I haven't seen it at Target or Walmart. Is anyone else trying to get team or player cards from Documentary.

Well as we are being confined by the snow, I hope you are all having fun where you are.

3 comments:

night owl said...

I think practically the entire country's got snow. I'm on the east coast and we got almost a foot on Friday and there's more on the way Sunday. First day of winter on Sunday? Ha! It's been winter here since November

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued by the Upper Deck Documentary set, but I want to know if those 163 card team sets actually have 163 different cards. I'm afraid they're like the Yankee Stadium Legacy cards, where the same photo gets used for a bunch of cards.

Where I am in Jersey, we didn't see that much snow Friday, but there was plenty of ice. Of course, there's more on the way tonight.

gcrl said...

i have 2 boxes of documentary on the way and am planning on completing the dodger and perhaps twins sets. i'll set aside the pads for you.